The Global Community Subgovernance was created in December. It is a community that consists of professionals in different fields: content creation, management, blockchain forum moderators, bounty managers, authors, translators, marketers, social media owners from all over the world. The main idea of this subgovernance is to develop the community in 4 directions: popularizing and promoting Free Ton, increasing the number of users, launching local programs, and supporting new partnerships.
To increase decentralization, on December 21, was published a proposal for searching for new jury members. The community plans to expand its jury team to 30 people, including Initial Members. That is why up to 19 additional community members wishing to develop Free Ton and make all the necessary efforts to analyze and provide high-quality feedback on the contest works of participants can become new members of the jury.
The contest will pass from December 23 to January 10.
Because of the current community-voting crisis and recent incidents of community dissatisfaction in voting in some contests, Global Community Subgovernance decided to increase the responsibilities and accountability of the jury members. The motivational component of each contest will be taken into every time because voting is a difficult and responsible task.
Basic requirements for the participants of the contest:
- Applicants must be members of the Free Ton community and sign the Declaration of Decentralization. It is desirable to show activity in the community.
- To participate in the contest, you must send a resume describing the experience, contact information, reputation and, an explanation of the main reason – why, in your opinion, you should be a member of the jury
- The competitor must be an active jury member in the Free Ton community. Jury member of one or more subgovernance. All details and all information in the application must be provided.
- If the future jury member is a representative of the same company as the current jury member or other participants, this must also be reported in the application
- Applicants must submit a public key and their Free Ton wallet address.
The candidate must have:
- Understanding how a decentralized community works;
- Conflict-free, objective look;
- Free time for detailed reading and all kinds of checking the materials of the participants;
- Be responsible and organized;
- Have a sufficient level of English to read, understand, and provide feedback on the materials.
The rights and obligations of the winners as members of the jury:
- Each member of the jury will have to familiarize himself with the rules of all ongoing contests and their requirements in the section “Contests Free TON Global Community Sub-Governance 1”;
- A jury member must review the applications of all participants of the participant and determine whether he can relevantly evaluate the work, whether it is within his understanding, to then vote for it as follows:
- If the work is above the level of competence of the jury, he must vote “Abstain”;
- If the work is within the competence of the jury, he must vote on a scale from 1 to 10, where 1 represents the least suitable for the conditions of the contest, and 10 – the highest quality application;
- If the work does not meet the conditions of the contest, the PDF file cannot be opened or is damaged, is a duplicate, etc., the jury must vote “Reject”.
- The jury member must provide constructive and qualified feedback in the appropriate field, describing the reason for his assessment.
- To reject the application, only 50% +1 votes of those members of the jury who voted for this work are enough.
- Jury members who have not voted in 2 contests in a row are automatically excluded from the jury without notice.
- Jury members who have not voted for more than 70% of the entries in each of the 2 contests in a row are automatically excluded from the jury without notice.
- Members of the jury who voted in one of the contests for 70% or less of the applications, and in the next contest did not vote at all (and vice versa), are automatically excluded from the jury without notice.
- Members of the jury must fulfill other duties and/or adhere to the rules that will be described in the contests.
- Systematic violations of the rules or non-fulfillment of duties (except for those specified in paragraphs 5-7 of this section) by a member of the jury give the other members of the jury the right to vote for his exclusion.
The most important thing is to remain objective about any work, evaluate the work to the best of your competence, and be guided only by facts, leaving aside any other factors.
As for the jury’s remuneration, here the percentage of tokens will be distributed depending on the number of ratings given by the jury member. For example, if one jury votes 50 times, and another jury votes 5 times, the jury who voted 50 times will receive 10 times more tokens than the jury who voted 5 times.
Also, Each participant who becomes the jury will receive 100 TONs as a welcome bonus. An application must have an identifiable contact that can be matched with the information in the application. If you have not provided information and contacts for discussion, then your application must contain links to your account, for example, Telegram ID or other direct contact information that can confirm that the submitted work belongs to you. In the absence of confirmation from the side of the contestant of the authorship of the submitted work, the application is rejected. Also, this call does not allow multiple entries.
You can read more about the terms of the contest and join its discussion at the link.