Aloha everyone who is not resting yet this Friday night 🙂 It’s time to relax a little and learn more about the structure of Free TON. Specifically in this post, we will tell you which subgovernances (or subgovs, as the community members call them) exist in the project ecosystem and what exactly is included in their responsibilities. Let’s go!
As we have already said many times before, the management mechanism in Free TON is completely decentralized and it can be classified as stratified governance through subgovs. The latter are groups consisting of the most active and initiative members of the community, dealing with a certain area of issues that are within their competence. There are 9 subgovernances in Free TON:
- Free TON Wiki Subgovernance is responsible for developing, improving and promoting the Free TON Wiki, an online encyclopedia containing information about the project, which will help both newbies and experienced users navigate its structure. It is constantly completed with new articles, new languages are added. Within the framework of the subgovernance news and articles are published, new authors, editors and moderators are recruited, lists of potential topics to cover are created, etc.
- SMM Subgovernance is engaged in disseminating information about the Free TON ecosystem: it maintains a blog, conducts and then covers meetups and AMA sessions on certain issues, and more. The main task of this subgov is to create an information field around everything that happens in the project and provide access to it to all interested parties.
- Dev Experience Subgovernance is responsible for the development and maintenance of Free TON services and tools, as well as software for developers, and its ultimate goal is to increase the usability and, accordingly, the attractiveness of the project for developers.
- The mission of the Free TON Ambassadors Subgovernance is to popularize and promote Free TON as the first truly decentralized blockchain platform completely managed by the community. The goal of the subgov is to increase the community of ambassadors for the project, support them and help them fulfill their duties. Due to the contradictions that arose in the course of the work, at the moment the activity of the subgov is suspended. Ambassadors Subgovernance will soon be divided into two new independent subgovs.
- Web & Design Subgovernance aims to provide end users of websites, applications and other information products with access to quality design, illustrations, easy navigation in order to improve user experience and make information processing more efficient. Thus, the duties of this subgov include: the development of a decentralized and transparent structure for managing the visual part of the ecosystem, as well as the development of an accessible platform for the systematic implementation of design tasks.
- DeFi (Decentralized Finance) Subgovernance develops, implements and maintains financial instruments in the Free TON ecosystem in the form of decentralized services and applications built on the blockchain. In addition to basic infrastructure, this subgov’s roadmap marks points such as building bridges to other blockchains, alternative DeX, transaction farming and original DeFi technologies.
- eSport Subgovernance is responsible for promoting Free TON in the gaming community, attracting new users and distributing tokens for participating in gaming tournaments. This subgov helps to organize daily and weekly tournaments, in which the reward is given in the form of a certain amount of TON Crystal, and which are broadcasted on various channels, thus spreading information about Free TON.
- Korean Subgovernance represents the interests of the Korean Free TON community and promotes the use of this blockchain platform in South Korea. Subgov’s tasks include developing Korean infrastructure, promoting the project, managing and supporting the local community, translating content into Korean, and much more.
- DGO (Decentralized Governance Organization) Subgovernance was created in order to collect the main requests and concerns of the entire community helping to optimize the development of the Governance 2.0 platform
All subgovs can be found on the Free TON forum and there you can get acquainted with them a little bit better. Best heads are welcome, they always have a place for some new members:)