Last Sunday, December 13, 2020, ExtraTON company made an offer of the partnership. It`s a team of professional developers, сompany was formed in May 2020 at the same time as Free TON blockchain platforms appeared on the market. The mission of the company is to bring valuable, non-commercial open-source products to the Free TON network. Let’s see what a possible partnership can bring and how cost-effective it is to the opportunities offered.Support the author
According to the developers, their main proposal is to create an extension for the extraTON browser. It’s not just a browser extension, it’s a whole ecosystem. For example, they took the successful expansion of Metamask on the Ethereum network, with more than 1,000,000 users.
The purpose of the extraTON browser extension is to provide a safe and convenient tool for ordinary users to communicate with decentralized applications.
What the extraTON ecosystem already includes:
- Extension of the browser Google Chrome;
- Tools, libraries, documentation, and examples for creating DApps using the extension;
- DApp rate;
- Involvement of third-party developers;
- 24/7 support chat.
Before making this proposal, the developers ran an experiment. An alpha version of the extension and a couple of DApps have been made such as the Staking DApp (https://depools.extraton.io). Then the community testing was announced and several training videos were created. As a result of the experiment, the development team received a lot of positive feedback. In the first month alone, the extension attracted over 150 users from 25+ countries, over 500 users visited Staking DApp, over 70 users joined the support chat. Despite the small numbers, the developers are sure that this is only the beginning of the journey. The main thing is that there is confirmation that this extraTON ecosystem works.
The company also has significant achievements in FreeTON: for example, extraTON participated in the DevOps validator competition, where they won first place out of twelve, which they shared with two other participants. The development team also participated in the Magister Ludi competition, where they took second place out of a hundred in the network alone, and in the TONOS client library bindings competition, where they took third place out of twenty-one.
ExtraTON’s proposal is as follows: the development team is planning to create and promote non-commercial open-source products, implying the development of decentralization:
- extraTON.Extension – an isolated layer for secure interaction of the user’s wallet with third-party decentralized applications.
- extraTON.Custodian – a mobile application for confirming transactions. This will bring full and secure support for Multisig Wallets to the extraTON ecosystem.
- extraTON.DAppsCatalog – a place where developers can publish their DApps and users can find, rate, and write reviews.
- extraTON.Graph – a worldwide distributed network of nodes with GraphQL for increased availability and faster response, engaging and supporting third-party DApps developers. Marketing Activities: Product promotion and reward testing program. Detailed promotion plan.
- Browser Firefox, Brave, Edge. Codebase preparation, release, detailed usage agreement creation.
- Localization. Preparation of the code base, translators, and full support for 10+ languages.
- DeBots. Basic integration and full support.
- Support for multi-accounts (wallets).
- Skeleton DApp
- Support for TIP-3 tokens
- Security audit. Preparation of the code base, search for executors, as well as security audit by a third-party company.
- Release v1, other improvements, continued support.
- Development of an application for Android, publication on Google Play.
- Development of an application for iOS, publication in the App Store.
- Cloud storage for encrypted keys as an optional feature, localization, and continued support.
- extraTON.DAppsCatalog, development of basic functionality, integration with extraTON.Extension
- Creation of a personal account of developers.
- Functionality of DApps moderation, DApps ratings, donations to DApp developers. Localization and continuation of support.
- Research and experimentation with the GraphQL server. Launch of 5+ servers around the world. Creation of a website with usage documentation and public statistics and continued support.
- Promotion and support of extraTON products. Creation of documentation for each product and implementation of a ticket system and knowledge base to support users.
- PR events: Writing a series of articles and creating training videos for new FreeTON users, writing a series of articles, and creating training videos about DApps development using extraTON.Extension, creating an advertising campaign.
- Finding and attracting people for regular article writing, support users, maintaining a knowledge base.
Developers assume a KPI is successful if 20-25% of all plans are covered at the end of each quarter. Also, the KPI will be exceeded if more than 25% of all plans are fulfilled at the end of each quarter. The KPI is not met if at the end of each quarter less than 20% of all plans are met. In this case, funding for the next quarter is postponed. The ExtraTON team is working on completing the KPI for the quarter and preparing a new document to finalize the plan. ExtraTON offers to reserve the right to change up to 30% of the plan for more relevant and valuable ideas for FreeTON.
Initial token request: 225,000 TON, at the end of the first quarter 225,000 tons of crystals, at the end of Q2 225,000 TON crystals, 3 sq. – 225,000 TON crystals. The company also requests an additional 30,000 TON crystals for every 10,000 users involved in the expansion. Total: 900,000 TON crystals
Indeed, the tool offered by the development team is valuable and necessary for the FreeTON platform. ExtraTON seems to have created a useful product that is needed for the convenience of users of the blockchain platform. However, users in the comments to the developer’s proposal were confused by the request for 900,000 tokens, which seems like too much upfront for the proposed collaboration.
You can read the detailed text of the proposal, as well as join the discussion at the link.